Today I am linking up with The Primary Pack for their Back-To-School Linky Party. Even though I am not an elementary school teacher [anymore!], I do like to join in any linky party that I can! Join up so that I can check out your link!
Sunday, September 6, 2015
The first week of school is always a fashion show for everyone in the building. Administrators and teachers want to dress up über-professionally in order to invoke authority and kiddos want to dress cool and en vogue in order to place themselves high up on the social ladder. I absolutely despise worrying about clothing. If I could get away with wearing sweatsuits everyday, I would gladly dress that way. I find worrying about clothing and makeup to be frivolous, but I understand the reasoning behind professional wear. As a society, we base impressions of a person's worthiness based on their appearance. Since I am teaching a college-level English class this year, I need to be up to snuff or the kids are going to eat me alive. I am still a work in progress [I relish sleeping in instead of doing my makeup, I need to be better at that!] and I am starting to enjoy clothing a bit more as I continue to lose weight. Check out my looks below!
|Top and Pants: Old Navy|
Glasses: Kate Spade
Sandals: Mossimo by Target
|Sweater, Top and Jeans: Old Navy|
|Sweater and Leggings: Nordstrom Rack|
Shoes: Sport by Anne Klein
|Top and Jeans: Old Navy|
|Top: From a gift shop in Berlin|
Jeans: Old Navy
Saturday, September 5, 2015
Hello All!! As you can see, I still haven't been able to fix that damned title up at the top! If anyone can assist me, that would be greaaaaaaat. Anywho, I am already two weeks into my 5 year of teaching in the District of Columbia! This year has already been a little crazy. I was scheduled to teaching two AP Language classes and 2 US History classes. After the first day, my Assistant Principal called me and asked if I could drop one of my AP classes and teach a freshman English course. I would still have my 3 planning periods but I would have 3 preps. Understanding that I really didn't have a choice in the matter, I said fine. This on top of starting two very tough graduate courses, needless to say, I am overwhelmed. I felt almost paralyzed this past week and was unable to accomplish many tasks. I finally got some much needed rest and cuddle time with Sophie and my bf and I am finally feeling somewhat better. On top this, PBS finally uploaded my video! I was approached back in November to participate in the remastering of Ken Burns' Civil War documentary and how I utilize it in my classroom. The final product was uploaded this week to the education site and I have it here!
Check it out and let me know what you think??? Now, without further ado...September Currently!
1. I don't have the TV on for once so I am just listening to Sophie poke around, little cute porker.
2. I love everything pumpkin scented so when Chris picked up this pumpkin roll candle from Safeway, I was about that life.
3. I accidentally left my backpack in the car and Chris drove to work this morning...so I won't be able to do any reading until he gets back at 4:30
4. Summer blows, I hate the humidity and heat. I am ready for some refreshing, crisp air!
5. I was diagnosed with a dairy allergy over the summer and placed on a lactose-free diet. You can tell something was up with me in the PBS video, I look like I am ready to pop. Since being on the diet since July, I have lost 17 pounds just through diet alone!
6. I need to start working out to keep the weight loss going, 4x a week for 45 minutes is perfect. I always seem to fall behind in my grad readings and I cannot do that with these classes this year! Lastly, I need to enjoy what God has given me. I am not that religious anymore, but I know that He has a plan for me because I have seen the doors and opportunities that have been presented and it is only going to get better once I finish my degree.
That's all for now! Go link up with Farley!