Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Year Resolutions, Target and Container Store Haul and so much more!!

This new school year I would like to...
1. Stay organized! I have such a hard time using the tools that I have created and keeping organized.
2. Stay on top of my planning and not plan the night before. Last year was understandable, I was hired two days before school started originally as English then was told on the first day of school I was switched to History.
3. Be more visible in school. I usually sat in my classroom pouring over curriculum or taking a nap (don't judge me!). I want to spend more time in the teacher lounge with my co-workers.
4. Attend school events. I never even went to a football game last year because a) it was in SE DC...not the safest after dark and b) I was just so tired after school that I literally couldn't wait to get home to sleep. 
*******************************************************************************
Today I did some massive shopping at Target and Container Store.  I am not a fan of shopping, at all. Especially when it comes to clothes shopping. I am not exactly an obese person but I am not a pixie either. It is just very frustrating. Anyways, I went school shopping! I still have yet to find clothespins to make my "No Name" hanger. The boyfriend and I are also working hard on fixing up our tiny apartment. We bought a new lamp and priced a desk for me(!!!!!!!!!): 
Super Cute, amirite?!

I like there are two cubbies that I can put my printer and a cute fabric/wood box in.
Now onto the school supplies, which we all wanted to see anyways :-p: 
For each cluster of desk. Will have highlighters, stapler, post-its, note cards and pens, pencils and markers.

For my desk, week day folders (all lesson materials for the week in each folder)

For department and staff meetings.

Possibly for student/parent contact. It was a dollar, I will figure out a use for it lol.

Precious sunflower magnets.

Mini staplers! for the boxes.

Cutter, glitter, craft stick, lightbulb and ink.
I clearly have a lot more shopping to do, but I am going to try to hold off until I go down to FL in a few weeks. I should find more inexpensive items down there.

How about everyone else? What have you purchased? What do you need to purchase?

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! I went shopping a few weeks ago and can't wait to get everything of my ding room table. Check out my blog to see what I bought (click on "shopping"). I would love to follow your blog!

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My dining room table is slowly getting filled with school stuff. Once I go to Florida I know it is going to be overflowing!

      Did you get to go to all the Smithsonian Museums? They have some great teacher materials!

      Eden

      Delete
  2. Oops! I meant to say DINING room table. He! He! BTW, I just spend a week in DC being a tourist with my family. We really enjoyed it!

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am following you! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Eden

      Delete
  3. It feels like Christmas doesn't it! We love stocking up on new school supplies-takes us back to actually going back to school shopping as kids and getting new pencils, crayons, backpack, etc.

    We've been hitting the dollar stores like nobody's business and stocking up on coordinating baskets and storage containers as well. Love the table tubs and the colors you found. Gets us motivated to head back! Thanks for sharing Eden!
    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a lot more to shop for. I am trying to hold off for Florida (everything is cheaper there then DC) and for my gift card from the Teachers Union. I am so excited and can't wait to get into my classroom to start decorating!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Eden

      Delete
  4. Love, love the cute lamp!! I went to follow you and noticed that you don't have the button to do so! (unless Im blind and overlooking it).
    I'll check back later too see if you have added one. In the meantime, check out my blog! From Blood to Books!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess: I think I added it now! I have no idea why it wasn't there in the first place. Adding you now!

      Eden

      Delete
  5. Hi Eden! I loved seeing all of your goodies! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen! I'll will definitely have more goodies in the upcoming weeks :D

      Eden

      Delete
  6. Good luck. I didnt attend many after school events either. I will try this year check out the $store for the clothespins or target in the stationary sections has the pretty colorful ones.

    ReplyDelete