Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Life is Chaotic

I promised to be a better blogger. I failed miserably.

I feel as though this is the story of my life. I set out to do something non-work related and I always end up bullshitting around. I thought I could look at this blog as an outlet for my frustrations. For my hopes and dreams. For my grand ideas.

And I couldn't even do that.

I don't know if I am stuck in a rut or what is going on, personally, in my life. Work-wise, I am moving and shaking. This begs the question: am I a product of my environment? I live in Washington, DC. The "capital of the free world", if you will. All that everyone does here is work, drink, have sex, drink, and work some more. Yes, Washingtonians do enjoy the nightlife and such but our minds are always on work. We are constantly glued to our phones every time it vibrates. OMG is that an email from my Senator boss? OMG are we being sequestered AGAIN? Washingtonians are addicted to the adrenaline that comes with working in this city. We eat, breathe, sleep politics.

The unfortunate side effect is that this mentality rolls over into every aspect of life in Washington, DC. We all play politics to a certain extent in every school but I feel it is much more heightened here in DC. I attribute this to the fact that we have no control over our budget [even though Congress likes to spew that we do, we have to ask Daddy(ies) to sign off on our checks] and we have to fight to have basic things in our classrooms. We live in fear that when Congress threatens to sequester that we will still be able to provide for our students because, yes, our District funds get tied up in that mess.

I need to do better. I need to use this as the outlet it was intended to be. But how do I commit myself to this? Alexis from Strange and Charmed suggested be consistent, even if it means you only update every two weeks. She believes that as long as you are consistent with your updates, your audience will stick around.

Is this true? Is this the reason why so many of you left? I simply fell off the face of the planet and abandoned my post.

I apologize. I truly do. I will work to do better.

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment