Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Liebster Award!






I know that double posting is a no-no here in the blogsphere but seriously, I got the Liebster Award! Shout out to Christy at Crayons and Whimsy for giving me this award on December 5th. I am obviously way behind on checking out my comments. Thank you again Christy!

The Rules:

  • You must post 11 random things about yourself
  • Answer the questions the nominator set for you
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
  • Choose 11 blogs you love with less then 200 followers and link them
  • No tag back
11 Random Things about me:
  1. I love to cook! It is one thing that my Grandmother and I bonded over.
  2. I have a cockroach phobia. Legit.
  3. I love the freezing cold weather (below 30F) even though I complain about it.
  4. Burritos are my favorite foods.
  5. I "adopted" three freshman football players this year as part of our mentor program at our school.
  6. I am a master gift wrapper. I am fantastic with the bows.
  7. I am addicted to Pepsi Max.
  8. I have fallen in love with hot yoga even though I hate sweating. Hot Yoga is so relaxing!
  9. I am terrified to take my Principles of Teaching and Learning Praxis exam...
  10. I want to get my PhD in History from George Washington.
  11. I am a die-hard Chicago Bears and Florida State Seminoles fan!
Now the questions from Christy:
  1. How long have you been teaching? 2 years and going strong! 
  2. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher? Witnessing that moment when it finally "clicks" in my students' heads. I love that moment! 
  3. What is your favorite grade to teach? Well I have only taught 9th grade, but I would really love to teach 12th next year. I am an expert in British Literature!
  4. What type of lesson planner do you use? I use the plain old paper and pencil. I got a great planner from Barnes and Noble this year. I love it!
  5. Do you have any hobbies? Cooking. I have started taking fancy pictures of my culinary creations and I would like to start scrapbooking to pass it down. 
  6. What is your favorite place to travel? Europe!
  7. If you were stranded on a desert island tell me 3 things you would take with you. My boyfriend Christopher, global cell phone to call for a ride off the island and 100spf sunscreen. I don't like the sun and it doesn't like me lol. 
  8. What was the last book you read and did you like it? I read, for the 2493574987 time, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire over the weekend because I wanted a break from the school stuff. I loved it!
  9. What is your favorite food? BURRITOS!
  10. Do you watch TV? If so, what is your favorite show? I have soooo many. Let's see: Modern Family, Subguratory, PLL, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl (RIP), Sopranos (RIP), and Real Housewives.
  11. What is your favorite app? Pinterest...it is dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. Eden so glad to see you back on the blogging scene! Hope that 2013 is a wonderful year for you. Just reading your answers and I laughed at your Harry Potter comment... I love those too and also read them over and over :)

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete